I spent the weekend in Seattle, which was awesome. Part of the rules I set at the beginning of this challenge was something to the effect of “I don’t have to be responsible while I’m in Seattle” and now I am paying that price. 5 pounds heavier than when I left. oy.
So this is the Week of 4 Lists, as outlined in that episode of Good Eats. In a nutshell Alton made 4 lists, Stuff he ate daily: fruits, whole grains, leafy greens, carrots, nuts, green tea. Stuff he ate 3 times a week: Oily Fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potatoes, avocado. Stuff he only ate once a week: red meat, pasta, dessert, alcohol. And stuff he never ate: fast food, soda, “diet” anything, processed meals, canned soup.
Since I’m still getting my meal plan down for the week today is an “everyday” kind of day.
- Fruits: my breakfast shake has 4 oz of blueberries and 4 oz of stawberries and blackberries. I’ve also got blueberries in…
- Whole Grains: 1/4 cup of museli (18 grams), and a slice of 9 grain bread (12 grams) in a sandwich (sandwich!)
- Leafy greens: kale chips after work
- carrots: carrot sticks with aforementioned sandwich
- nuts: 1 oz mixed nuts
- green tea: I take green tea extract capsules, but also put a bag of Jasmine Silver Tips in my lunch bag. Generally speaking, I think green tea tastes like lawn
- bonus: yogurt: the museli is mixed with yogurt
I like this way of making a meal plan. It’s like a logic puzzle. I have to make sure all the pieces fit in and the lid closes.